Friday, July 28, 2006

ONLY A PHONE CALL TO SAINSBURY'S

Dear Friends -

Please find below Rob Hardy's legitimate and logical
political activism/anarchy/anti-consumerism campaign
for some sort for world justice...

All it takes is a phonecall...
Sainsbury's are ready to change if enough people call
and ask...
x
z

"rob.hardy@virgin.net" <rob.hardy@virgin.net>
wrote:

Dear All

I don't know about you, but I feel powerless against
what is happening in Lebanon.

Our government is positively encouraging the
continuing Israeli onslaught against the Lebanese
population.
Women and children are told to leave their villages
and are then systematically bombed by Israeli Jets
using illegal Phosphorus bombs.
Beautiful Beirut is being destroyed.
People like you and I are watching their country being
invaded and no one is standing up to Israel.

My three options are this:

1/ I organise a benefit gig for Lebanon with the likes
of Radiohead, Fugazi and Christina Aguilara(?)
2/ I set fire to the Israeli embassy.
3/ I boycott Israeli products.

The 3rd option seems to be the easiest and doesn't
involve being sent to Guantanamo.

So I go to Sainsbury's to buy some fresh herbs for a
nice little garlic sausage and pasta dish I have
arranged for a hot summer evening with friends
etc...and I find that without exception ALL the fresh
herbs are from Israel !!!! Holy Fuck. What is a part
time political activist to do??!

Thyme, Basil, Rosemary, are all grown throughout the
Mediterranean....so why no choice?

I phone sainsbury's and they actually agree that this
is a bit odd, given that there is no choice.
They tell me that if enough people complain they will
do something about it. Consumer is king and all that.

So call this number and tell them that you want your
herbs from Spain or where ever.
...and that sainsbury's is giving you NO CHOICE!!! but
try NOT to sound
like a political activist.

It's the least you can do instead of shaking your head
alot when the news is on.

Freephone sainsbury's careline- 0800 636262

Mr. H

p.s - consume as many Lebanese products as is humanly
possible. The wine is really good.
p.p.s - pass it on.

No comments: