Thursday, February 22, 2007

Some of Mai's writings

Missed opportunities: Me and my Gender
Mai Ghoussoub

2700 words
"It took me a long time to understand why my mother loved to tell the story of the doctor who delivered me. Whenever there was a willing audience, she would tell it. I must have heard it a thousand times. For her story to make sense, you need to know that I am the second female born to my parents and that my sister and I are their only progeny."

"Photogenic elections, men and status in Lebanon"
Mai Ghoussoub

1650 words
"Mai Ghoussoub tells about political posters in Lebanon showing photos of candidates to elections, highlighting the following points : "Elections are not always about politics", "Lebanon as a republican fraternity?", "The various tales of masculinity"."

No comments: