Monday, August 14, 2006

Who Is Traumatised? Use Theatre!

Confessions of a traumatized society
By Tamar Rotem

"I'm afraid of taking a shower, afraid of leaving the house, of the rockets reaching me. We live opposite a valley. At night the cries of the jackals sound like alarms. I don't dare go out to the balcony to hang the washing. I'm afraid of falling asleep. The thought that an alarm will sound soon makes me nervous. I'm scared I won't make it in time to the shelter. That I'll get caught in the blanket. That I won't find my spectacles." more>>>

**************************************

But on The Other Side Of The Border:

**************************************
Lebanese refugee children vent war anxiety on stage
04 Aug 2006 14:06:53 GMT
Source: Reuters

By Lin Noueihed BEIRUT, Aug 4 (Reuters) - "They think we are small and we don't understand but we understand better than anyone," said the little girl from the stage of Beirut's Medina Theatre. more>>>

No comments: